Details for our Fair Contests and Competitions can be found below. You can either click on the one you are interested in or scroll down the page to see each one. You can also view our exhibitors section to view all the exhibitor entries that are possible.
Please note: The Contests and Competitions for the
2017 Binbrook Fall Fair will be posted by the end of March.... check back again
Saturday, September 17th, 2016
Show commences at 1 pm between buildings 5 & 6.
Chairperson: Susan Murphy - (905) 692-3215
1. Open to all
children aged 13 years and under (child and pet must be accompanied by an adult)
2. Pets must be caged or leashed. (Supplied by owner)
3. Owner must have full control of pet and be responsible for clean-up after pet.
4. Binbrook Agricultural Society not responsible for loss or injury to either pet or owner.
5. Pets must be healthy.
6. Pets are restricted from livestock areas at all times.
7. The judges’ decision will be final.
Prizes: First prize in each class will receive $5.00 and a ribbon. All exhibitors will receive a souvenir ribbon.
1. Cat with longest whiskers
2. Dog with longest ears
3. Largest cat
4. Most colourful cat
5. Most colourful dog
6. Largest dog
7. Dog with longest tail
8. Cutest puppy under 6 months
9. Dog that can sit the longest
10. Best dressed pet
11. Best trick by pet
12. Dog that barks on command
13. Dog with shortest tail
Sunday, September 18th, 2016
12 pm in Memorial Hall
Christine Crooks, Re/Max Escarpment Realty, Inc. Brokerage.
Chairperson: Maren Nimec (905) 692-1588
Registration the day of the show at Memorial Hall from 11 am - 11:45 am
1. Girls and Boys 0-3 months (most hair and least hair)
2. Girls and Boys 4-6 months (longest fingers and longest toes)
3. Girls and Boys 7-9 months (chubbiest cheeks and curliest hair)
4. Girls and Boys 10-12 months (best dancer and best smile)
5. CHIP OFF THE OLD BLOCK for all ages registered in sections 1-4 and multiples. **Babies will be judged with a parent based on being most alike in dress and appearance.
6. MULTIPLES (Twins and Triplets) 0-12 months. ** Most alike in dress, appearance and cohesiveness. In the case of identical vs. fraternal twins/triplets we may have more than 1 winner.
7. HALLOWEEN COSTUME – Girls, Boys and Multiples 0-12 months. ** Most creative Halloween Costume
Winners in each category will receive a Champion Ribbon and have their photo taken by the BAS.
Yard Display Contest
Help us advertise the Binbrook Fair by constructing a display on your property. Open to anyone, including private residences, schools, organizations and businesses, but only one entry per property, please. No Entry Fee is required.
(using any materials - e.g. bales of straw/hay, vehicle, machinery, etc) to
represent something that you would see at the fair.
2. Display must face a public road but must be at least 10 feet back, for road allowance.
3. Display must advertise the Fair and include a sign that states: “Binbrook Fair Sept. 16th – 18th, 2016”
4. Display must be in place by the Friday before Labour Day and remain until September 19th, 2016.
5. Display may be set up on another person’s property if written permission of the owner accompanies the application.
6. Judging will take place on site.
7. A photo will be taken, and put on display at the Fair.
8. Entries must be in by Monday, August 22nd, 2016.
9. TO ENTER: Send a note including: Your name, phone number, mailing address and detailed directions to your location. Please submit this information by mail, fax, or email, to the fair office listed on the inside cover.
1. Overall appearance 20%
2. Originality 30%
3. Visibility of Dates 30%
4. Suitability to Category 20%
Prizes: $50 per category to be awarded at the Annual Appreciation & Awards Night on Saturday November 12th, 2016.
in each of these categories:
1. Most Humorous
2. Most Creative
3. Most Original
4. Most Representative of Binbrook Fair – 2016
BAS Life Member Scholarship
This scholarship has been established by the Life Members of the Binbrook Agricultural Society to recognize individuals who exemplify exceptional volunteer and community citizenship. Each year one $500 scholarship will be awarded to the student based on the following standards:
1. A letter
from the applicant (350 words) explaining why they should receive the
2. A letter of reference from someone outside of the BAS.
3. Completed application form.
4. Enrolling in a Canadian post secondary institute.
5. Enrolling in an accredited full time program leading to a degree, certificate, or diploma.
6. Active volunteer with the Binbrook Agricultural Society.
7. Active in other extracurricular & community activities.
· Applicants may be requested for an interview as part of the selection process.
· This scholarship may only be awarded once per student.
· Recipients must provide proof of enrolment in a Canadian post secondary institute in order to claim their award.
· Recipient will be determined by the Scholarship committee.
· Scholarship to be awarded at the Annual Appreciation & Awards Night On Saturday November 12th, 2016.
· Applications available at the Fair office or
· Application Deadline is Friday September 9th, 2016.
September 16th at 8pm
Saturday, September 17th at 7:30pm
Chairperson: Drew Spoelstra (905) 379-5751
For Information call Fair Office (905) 692-4003
Entries must be paid for in cash in person with a valid driver’s licence at Fair Office. Call to check availability of entry forms beginning in June.
Friday – Figure 8 Race Heats, Full Size Straight Stock, Minivan
Saturday – Ladies Full Size Straight Stock, Full Size Pro Modified, Midsize Straight Stock, Full Size Pro Stock
Also Saturday at 6:30pm watch the Power Wheels Derby prior to the Demolition Derby.
Enter Power Wheels Derby by contacting Matt McCarrell (905) 978-2176 or Southern Ontario PowerWheels Derby group facebook page.
Sponsored by Vic’s Fire Protection Services.
Binbrook Fall Fair 2016 Cover
Congratulations to Mikayla Bianchin of Binbrook for winning the 2016 Cover Contest.
The fair has a fine history of interesting and creative covers... why not join the list of artists?
The 2017 Theme: "Hometown Memories"
Prizes: 1 $50, 2 $25, 3 $10, all other entries will receive $5.
All submissions become property of the BAS, for use only in promoting the 2017 Binbrook Fair.
The deadline for entries is 2pm on Tuesday, October 25th, 2016. Please drop off submissions to the Fair Office during business hours.
Winner to be announced at the Annual Volunteer Appreciation and Awards Dinner on Saturday November 12th, 2016.
....a few previous covers are below.... many more are in the office if you have questions...
Friday, September 16th at 7pm
Co-Chairpersons: Rachel Anderson – (905)
Fair Theme: “Country Fun for Everyone”
Entry: $25 - sponsored by CIBC
Oldest Entry: $25 - sponsored by O’Neil’s Farm Equipment
Most Original: $25 -sponsored by O'Neil's Farm Equipment
Best Theme Entry: $25 - sponsored by Harvey Armstrong Ltd.
Entry forms available at the fair office or click here
Entry Deadline: Friday, September 9th, 2016
1. All entries
must be set up by 6:30 pm on Friday, September 16th for judging.
2. All entries are subject to a safety inspection by the Parade Committee.
3. Each entry may be entitled to 2 free passes to the fair.
4. Each entry should be clearly identified with a sign stating the name of group or individual.
5. Mail, fax, or email entry forms to the fair office listed on the inside cover to the attention of the Parade Chairpersons.